What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture treats many diseases and disorders safely and effectively without the use of invasive surgeries or harsh pharmaceutical drugs. Acupuncture is performed by inserting sterilized fine filiform needles into specific acupuncture points in the body. Acupuncture regulates the flow of Qi (energy) which is the force behind physiological functions in the body such as circulatory systems of blood, lymph, and nerves. When there is blockage of Qi flow, pain and other illnesses can occur. Acupuncture and other modalities of Traditional Chinese Medicine optimize the normal flow of qi and blood to keep one's body healthy and balanced.
Other Modalities of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):
- Chinese Herbal Medicine - Use of natural herbal medicine internally or externally to treat varieties of disorders
- Cupping - Glass cups are suctioned onto specific acu-points or musculature to relieve pain and tension
- Gua Sha - A tool is used to scrape over a musculature to relieve pain and tension
- Moxibustion - Chinese herb called Mugwort is burned to use as heat therapy
- Tui Na - Chinese medical massage used to relieve pain and tension
What Can TCM Help With?
- Circulatory System (hypertension, edema, stroke rehabilitation, etc)
- Cosmetic (facial rejuvenation, wrinkle reduction, cellulite, etc)
- Digestion (IBS, constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux, bloating, heartburn, etc)
- Immune System (asthma, allergies, autoimmune disorders, frequent colds & flu, etc)
- Men's Health (impotence, erectile dysfunction, spermatorrhea, nocturnal emission, etc)
- Mental Health (insomnia, anxiety, depression, stress, addiction, etc)
- Musculoskeletal (injury, acute/chronic pain, joint pain, arthritis, spinal disorders, tennis elbow, runner's knee, etc)
- Nervous System (neuropathy, bell's palsy, trigeminal neuralgia, migraine, headache, sciatica, carpal tunnel, etc)
- Skin Conditions (acne, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, dry skin, etc)
- Urogenital System (incontinence, painful urination, UTI, etc)
- Women's Health (painful periods, menstrual disorders, infertility, menopause symptoms, morning sickness, etc)
- AND MANY MORE